Monday, June 30, 2008

Journey through Narnia - Prince Caspian Part 11: Return of the... White Witch?


"Peter dear... I've missed you."


Yeah, I'll bet. When you've been frozen for the past 13 centuries, I'll bet you miss even your old enemies.

Nikabrik has a suggestion for Caspian, and at this point, Caspian is willing to hear him out. At first. Until a Hag and a Werewolf appear. They're what make this scene unsuitable for young viewers - my younger siblings covered at this point.

Caspian and Nikabrik in the heart of Aslan's How

When the Hag uses the broken wand to summon the White Witch, a wall of ice springs up, hiding our view of the wall behind. One drop of human blood will free her. Jadis quickly hypnotizes a frightened Caspian, and Peter comes charging in with Trumpkin, Edmund, and Lucy. While Peter tries to stop Caspian, the others fight Nikabrik, the Hag, and the Werewolf. We finally get to see Lucy use her knife.


"Peter dear… I have missed you. Come, just one drop. You know you can't do this alone."


Yeah, I'd say that Jadis is pretty desperate, wouldn't you say? Wouldn't you be desperate, too? I mean, come on - 1300 years!

The wall of ice shatters.

But then she begins to dissolve, and the ice shatters and falls. Behind is none other than... Edmund. He finally defeats the White Witch! At this point, I felt like cheering him on!

Edmund's only words are very dry, referencing to Peter's earlier fight in the station: "I know. You had it sorted."

And behind Edmund, once again visible is the wall. And the carving of Aslan on it.

Coming Next: Returning to what you used to believe in.

No comments: